Share, store & find your information
Information is your organization’s most valuable asset, and SharePoint is a cost-effective and powerful solution that lets you share, store and find your information anywhere, any time.
With SharePoint, you can:
- Retrieve and re-use your company’s best work
- Know the knowledge you have and the knowledge you don’t
- Manage people, projects and documents in one environment
8 Steps for
- Find a champion for the project. Ensure management sees the benefit of SharePoint to solving urgent business needs.
- Develop a strategic plan and governance framework.
- Implement iteratively in manageable phases. Don’t try to do everything at once. Tackle the high priority items that will give the best ROI first.
Success = user adoption. Plan for this from the beginning of the project.
- Support SharePoint with good IM policies and practices. Develop metadata and taxonomy that reflect your unique business needs.
- Establish content scope as early as possible. Not all types of information can and should be managed in SharePoint.
- Do pilot projects and prototypes to ensure all requirements have been captured and to help gain user acceptance.
- Develop a training plan early in the project. Develop key messages and build excitement as the project progresses.